“Discovering new names” is an annual exhibition project that brings together young professional artists.
The purpose of the Competition is to increase interest in the fine arts and to support artists.
- Promoting the development of Art
- Identifying active and talented artists
- Realizing the creative potential in the artistic environment
As part of the Competition, the Fund establishes awards from 20,000 up to 100,000 rubles. The winner is also awarded a personal exhibition for 10 days.
Theme 2020: Free
In 2020, 48 artists from St. Petersburg, Moscow and the Far East took part in the exhibition. Not only the geography of the exhibitors is diverse, but also the subjects of the presented works. The exhibition includes 63 paintings reflecting the worldview of their authors. Each canvas is a statement on the theme of contemporary events, the latest history in faces, images of the city and household items.
For the second time, with the assistance of the Art Support Fund “Kraski Zhizni”, a competition was held as part of the exhibition. The winners were selected by a jury and awarded:
- 1st place – a grant of 50,000 rubles and personal exhibition
- 2nd place – a grant of 30,000 rubles
- 3rd place – a grant of 20,000 rubles
Winner – Tatyana Mashkarova